It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians cannot journey to Dubai instantly from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was once very straightforward has rapidly develop into a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different international locations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It is because the 2 international locations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points individuals have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many widespread tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Generally this month, A shopper contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and in addition to plan his itinerary to Dubai through Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop a protracted story brief, on his journey date, we obtained to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and searching properly maintained. That was once I obtained the shocks of my life. Firstly, nearly all of the individuals going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport have been Nigerians.
As we have been driving into the automotive park, I understand the general public doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met a lot of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll virtually assume it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport situated in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we have been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I assumed they have been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we have been instructed they have been denied boarding. I obtained extra curious, on additional investigation, I later obtained to know that they backdated the date they obtained in, not realizing that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was making an attempt to board with a pretend visa. I cannot imagine somebody would strive to try this. I believe the particular person he paid gave him a pretend visa. He obtained locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that have been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that’s not clear. The final units of Nigerians that obtained denied have been individuals who obtained late to the checking level.
Listed below are the main explanation why you can get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Also Read Understanding the Nigerian and the Benin Republic Currency
Causes Why Folks Had been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that’s not clear, broken on any a part of the information web page is computerized rejection. Please keep away from any type of injury to your passport. The general public have been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none difficulty. Somebody stated they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Pretend visa: Please all the time attempt to verify the validity of your passport.
- Pretend stamp: Please make sure you all the time stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are alleged to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 check: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 check on time so you may get the outcome on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai via the Republic of Benin
1. you need to spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the protected aspect, Be sure to stamp in Seme border reasonably than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko after they arrive in Dubai.
3. Verify your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport a minimum of three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 check. You’re going to get your outcome the identical day.
6. If you may get an agent that’s accustomed to the route that will help you out. It’s going to prevent a lot of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a resort that’s not removed from the airport
8. Get accustomed to the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It’s going to prevent a lot of headache.
Please make sure you comply with all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the suitable factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they may make sure you face the regulation. Have you ever had the same expertise? Please share beneath.